1. This policy will apply to all members of AMA (ACT) except Doctors in Training in Post Graduate Years 1 to 5 inclusive.
2. AMA (ACT) reserves the right to decline Workplace Relations and Associated Services (‘WRAS’) assistance or provide such assistance on a conditional or other basis to new members of less than 12 months standing (‘New Members’).
3. WRAS assistance includes the type of work set out at A. Workplace Relations and Associated Services, below.
4. AMA (ACT) may exercise its right to decline WRAS assistance or provide such assistance on a conditional or other basis in cases where a New Member requests WRAS assistance in relation to an issue which was known to the member prior to joining AMA (ACT).
5. Notwithstanding 2. and 4., above, New Members will receive, at a minimum, WRAS assistance to the value of no less than one-half of the annual membership fee for their membership category. The minimum assistance, in terms of AMA (ACT) staff time, will be calculated in accordance with B. Fee for Service Rates, below.
6. If the AMA (ACT) exercises its discretion to provide WRAS assistance to a New Member on a conditional or other basis, it may request the payment of an additional fee for service having regard to the individual circumstances of the New Member.
7. The applicable Fee for Service rates are set out at B. Fee for Service Rates, below.
8. Members, other than New Members, generally receive workplace relations and associated services, of a routine or less complex nature, as part of their membership. However, when a matter is of a more complex, time-consuming or lengthy nature, the AMA (ACT) reserves the right to decline assistance or further assistance or to provide assistance on a conditional or other basis.
9. Provision of services to members, other than New Members, on a conditional or other basis may include charging an additional fee for service.
10. In its sole discretion, AMA (ACT) may provide workplace relations and associated services to Non-members on a fee for service basis.
11. New Members, members of less than 10 years standing, long-standing members of more than 10 years standing and Non-members will be charged a fee for service set out at B. Fee for Service Rates, below.
- Workplace Relations and Associated Services
- Representation and Advocacy Services
- Dispute Settlement and Mediation Services
- Award and Enterprise Agreement Interpretation and Advice
- General Workplace Advice
- Workplace investigations
- Drafting and Settlement of Employment Contracts
- Independent Contractor Arrangements
- Fee for Service Rates
- New members and Members of less than 10 years standing - $300 per hour ex-GST
- Long-standing members of more than 10 years standing - $200 per hour ex-GST
- Non-members - $400 per hour ex-GST.
- Prior to workplace relations and associated services being provided under this policy, members or non-members will execute a Fee for Service Agreement as contained in the schedule to this policy.
- Fee for Service rates may be reviewed from time to time.
- In the event that legal services are required AMA (ACT) are able to offer a referral to our preferred provider of legal services at competitive rates.