AMA Submission to Revised Draft RACGP Standards for After-Hours and Medical Deputising Services
The AMA has made a submission in response the RACGP's latest draft version of its Standards for After-Hours and Medical Deputising Services.
The AMA has previously welcomed the development of these standards and, following on from a previous AMA submission developed in response to an earlier draft of these proposed standards, has made additional suggestions to improve the relevance of these standards. The areas covered in the AMA submission include:
- the definition of an after hours or medical deputising service
- service governance and management
- health promotion and prevention
- clinical management of health issues
- clinical indicators
- the use of other health professionals in the delivery of after hours GP services
Click on the link below to access the full submission.