AMA Queensland Annual Conference 2024
Our AMA Queensland International Annual Conference has a long and proud history of bringing doctors together to discuss key issues facing the profession while immersed in unique tourism destinations. We are thrilled to hold our 2024 international event in Athens, Greece, with support from our corporate partner Orbit World Travel.
Athens, the historical capital of Europe, is located in Central Greece on the Attica Peninsula. The Greater Athens area features the longest coastline of any European capital, offering several beaches just 20 minutes from the historic centre.
With a recorded history dating back around 3,400 years, it is known as the birthplace of democracy, arts, science and philosophy of the western civilisation. Even today we reflect on the teaching of such Athenian greats as Plato and Socrates and Aristotle who also studied there.
The Mediterranean climate means September is still relatively warm, with an average temperature of 19-29 degrees Celsius with little or no rain. September also falls outside the peak tourist season of May – August and before the season ends in mid-October, meaning it is the ideal time to visit.
Athens is a gateway to so many pre or post conference travel extensions, with more than 6,000 islands and islets scattered in the nearby Greek Seas, not many of these uninhabited. The Cycladic Islands are some of the most famous, Mykonos and Santorini just to name two! Also on the historical doorstep of Greece is Türkiye, steeped in its
own cultural and natural beauties.
Join our program of speakers
- If you have a session suggestion for the program or soapbox topic you would like to put forward to the planning committee please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, including: your topic/session name
- 2-4 dot points on what we may learn from it.
Session suggestions are subject to approval of the planning committee. Deadline for submissions is 5pm Tuesday 16 April.
$4,570* LAND PACKAGE PRICE PER PERSON - TWIN SHARE
$6,140* LAND PACKAGE PRICE PER PERSON - SINGLE
Contact Orbit World Travel for a selection of airfare choices.
Note: these costs exclude airfares, registration fees, travel insurance, pre and post conference arrangements, any optional additions and any incidental items not listed.
The delegate package includes**:
- Six (6) nights’ accommodation (twin share) Divani Palace Acropolis, Athens
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Four (4) half-day conference sessions, including morning tea
- One (1) conference lunch
- Welcome function with entertainment, including food and beverages
- Tour – half day orientation tour of Athens
- Tour – full day tour to Delphi including lunch
- Farewell dinner with transfers, meal, beverages and entertainment
- Transfers – return group transfers on day, day 1 and 7 between the airport and hotel.
* Due to varied delegate departure points, airfares are not included. They can be added in and personalised to your requirements by Orbit World Travel.
** Subject to change.