The Department of Health has published several collections of resources about COVID-19 vaccination, vaccine rollout, and clinical guidance from ATAGI. GPs can access the latest information here.
National COVID-19 Clinical Evidence Taskforce
The National COVID-19 Clinical Evidence Taskforce supports health care professionals by providing updated evidence-based living clinical guidelines and flowcharts. Resources include monitoring and markers of clinical deterioration and advice on drug treatments. You can access their resources here.
ATAGI recommendations and guidance on the use of COVID-19 vaccines
The latest ATAGI recommendations on administering COVID-19 vaccines to eligible patients, advice about rare side effects, contraindications, precautions and adverse effects is available here.
Resources on caring for COVID-19 patients in the community
· GP and Other Medical Officer (OMP) Longer Telephone Consultation Factsheet– Information for the use of item numbers 92746 (for GPs) and 92747 (for OMPs).
· MBS COVID-19 Management Support Service Factsheet
· Managing COVID-19 at Home - Resources for patients and healthcare professionals
Guidance on Community Care Pathways and Patient Escalation
For information on how to escalate COVID-positive patients in your care, please contact your PHN for details of their community care pathway. Find your local Primary Health Network
National Coronavirus Hotline
1800 020 080 - For information about COVID-19 or COVID-19 vaccines – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
Information for GPs and their patients to manage their ongoing health and social issues amid the pandemic, including home-based care guidelines can be found here.
Resources for doctors working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients
· Updated guidance on TGA advertising restrictions, explaining how you can inform your patients about different vaccine brands availability in your clinic. This includes social, posters and web content.
· A video animation in plain English explaining what to expect on your vaccination day, side effects and the need for two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
· A suite of talking points designed for healthcare workers, to assist them with having conversations with patients about COVID-19 vaccines.
· Updated social resources with suggested captions to use across your social media networks
· COVID-19 Patient Vaccination Consent form
· Information and consent form for parents and guardians of children aged 5 to 11 years
· Information for providers: COVID-19 vaccination consent and FAQs
Resources for doctors about immunocompromise
· Provider guide to COVID-19 vaccination of people with immunocompromise
· A third primary dose of COVID-19 vaccine in individuals who are severely immunocompromised
· Information on the MBS COVID-19 Vaccine Suitability Assessment Service
· Information for people with disability about COVID-19 vaccines
· COVID-19 vaccination in pregnant and breastfeeding women
· Managing Mild COVID-19 at Home with Assistance from your GP
· COVID-19 vaccination – updated provider kit for general practices
· COVID-19 vaccination – Practice Incentives Program COVID-19 vaccine general practice incentive guidelines
· COVID-19 vaccination – Guidance on Myocarditis and Pericarditis after mRNA COVID-19 vaccines
Members are also reminded that if you are part of the vaccine roll out and have any problems, the key point of contact in the Commonwealth to raise these is the Vaccine Operations Centre (VOC) that can be contacted at 1800 318 308 or COVID19VaccineOperationsCentre@health.gov.au
Note: The VOC hours of operation are between 7am to 10pm (AEDT).