The White Book was developed by general practitioners (GPs) and subject matter experts to ensure that the content is useful for health practitioners.
The guideline is a practical resource and is based on the latest evidence. It represents a lifetime of dealing with the consequences of abuse, and the opportunity to work alongside each other as survivor advocates with a group of compassionate, determined health experts. This edition has been expanded to include six new chapters:
- Supporting men who experience intimate partner abuse and violence
- Trauma-informed care in general practice
- Adolescent-to-parent violence
- Dating violence and technology-facilitated abuse
- LGBTIQA+ family abuse and violence
- Intimate partner abuse and violence: Education and training for healthcare professionals
AMA members can now access the full guideline via the AMA GP Desktop Toolkit under Guidelines – Clinical Practice Guidelines.