Resolve to update your CV and stay abreast
It is not too late in the year to make a few New Year’s resolution to help advance your career. The AMA Career Service has a few tips for your personal resolution list designed to assist you in your medical career and which should be easy to keep.
- Update your CV. The AMA Career Advice Service can help you with this by providing you with a template CV as well as a guide to building your CV. AMA members can also receive a review of their CV at no cost. For the guide email the AMA Career Adviser, Christine Brill, on email@example.com
- Register for doctportal Learning– your one-stop-shop for CPD tracking, and a FREE service for AMA members. doctorportal Learning automatically tracks your learning/CPD (including points) for any medical college, or for those without a specialty, and generates reports to support your Medical Board of Australia reporting obligations. doctorportal.com.au also has a Jobs Board so check it out when looking for a new position or role. The Career Resource Hub also has links to all State and Territory Health Departments (www.ama.com.au/careers/medical-employment-opportunities).
- Take care of yourself. This is really important. Looking after yourself allows you to look after others. There are some good links on the Career Resource Hub (www.ama.com.au/careers/looking-after-yourself) and of course the services of the national Doctors Health Service are available to you – links and phone numbers on this Career website page. Looking after yourself also includes taking care of your finances. Further information is on this webpage too.
- International medical graduates and international medical students can also access really useful resources on the Career website (www.ama.com.au/careers/international-medical-students-and-graduates) including some important links.
- When looking for international employment opportunities visit the Career website page dedicated to this (www.ama.com.au/careers/global-health). Useful links to organisations and agencies facilitating overseas employment opportunities are on this page.
- Take control of your career and here the AMA can assist you. To access the resources the AMA has created for you visit the AMA website www.ama.com.au and join the AMA for professional support and services.
For more information, go to AMA resources.