Vacancies on the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
AMA members are advised that the Department of Health is seeking expressions of interest from clinical professionals, researchers, and service delivery and consumer experts to fill vacancies on the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI), commencing 1 July 2019.
ATAGI provides evidence-based advice on immunisation policies, programs and priorities to the Minister for Health and the Department of Health. This includes:
- providing technical input to policy development through epidemiological reviews, promotion of research, and assessment of the evidence for vaccination programs
- providing advice to the Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee in fulfilling its functions as set out in the National Health Act 1953, with respect to vaccines
- producing the Australian Immunisation Handbook, meeting requirements set out by the NHMRC
- providing technical advice to support effective implementation and communication of the NIP
- identifying knowledge gaps and provide advice to national funding bodies on priorities for research to inform immunisation policy.
Further information about ATAGI is available here.
Applications close on 15 March 2019. Candidate packages are available from ATAGI.Secretariat@health.gov.au and include information on the selection criteria and requirements for Declarations of Interests.