Scholarships available to attend 2019 Oceanic Palliative Care Conference
AMA members are advised that Palliative Care Australia (PCA) has announced 40 new scholarships to support people working in underserved communities within Australia to attend the 2019 Oceanic Palliative Care Conference (19OPCC) in Perth from 10 – 13 September.
The theme of 19OPCC is ‘Universal Access: Oceans of Opportunities’, and will focus on palliative care as a human right and ensuring underserved populations can access palliative care at the end of life.
PCA will provide up to 40 Continuing Professional Development Scholarships to successful applicants currently providing care to one or more of the following underserved communities within Australia:
- people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex (LGBTI)
- people living with a disability
- people living with a mental illness
- asylum seekers and refugee communities
- people experiencing homelessness
- people within correctional settings.
Applicants do not need to be from the palliative care sector.
Successful applicants will be eligible to access a scholarship of between $1,265 and $4,500 (ex GST), dependant on their location. Applications close Friday 24 May 2019.
For more information about the 19OPCC Continuing Professional Development Scholarships, including full eligibility criteria, please visit the website.