Resources to engage with under-screened and never-screened women
80% of Australian women who develop cervical cancer are either under screened or have never screened. To assist healthcare providers to encourage these women to participate in cervical screening, resources have been developed for the population groups identified as less likely to engage in screening.
These resources include engagement strategies, training modules, case study videos, communication tips, and specific information relevant to each group.
The resources are available on the National Cervical Screening Program (NCSP) website:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women
- 2. Women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including women who have experienced female genital cutting
- 3. Women with disabilities
- 4. Women who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI) and have a cervix
- 5. Women who have experienced sexual assault
- 6. Women from rural or remote areas
- 7. Women who experience socio-economic disadvantage
- 8. Women who have had the HPV vaccine