New Australian Immunisation Register eLearning education modules available
The Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) is a national register that can record vaccines given to people of all ages in Australia. This includes all vaccines funded under the National Immunisation Program, vaccines provided under State and Territory vaccination programs and most privately funded vaccines, including influenza and travel vaccines.
The Department of Human Services has published five new AIR eLearning education modules, to help vaccination providers understand how to access and use the AIR site and record vaccination episodes.
The five modules provide detailed steps and screen shots to help with:
- Registering and requesting access to the AIR site
- Accessing the AIR site for the first time
- Submitting information to the AIR
- Recording overseas immunisations
- Recording immunisation medical exemptions
The AIR site has also been updated to make it easier for vaccination providers to use, including the ability to:
- view and print Immunisation History Statements for patients
- record planned immunisation catch ups
- see status messages about potential issues so that they can check information is correct before submitting it
- view immunisation information immediately after it is submitted
- download and print some AIR reports in single file and multi-file format
For more information about the AIR click here.