National Bushfire and Recovery Agency—small business grants available
Small businesses can now apply for a new $10,000 grant in the most severely affected bushfire areas, as determined by state governments.
The $10,000 grants are funded by the Australian Government and delivered by your state government. Applications will open in the week beginning 16 March 2020.
The following Local Government Areas are eligible:
- Victoria: East Gippsland, Towong, Alpine
- New South Wales: Snowy Valleys, Snowy Monaro, Eurobodalla, Hawkesbury, Shoalhaven, Bega Valley, Blue Mountains, Lithgow, Wingecarribee, Port Macquarie, Clarence Valley, Queanbeyan, Mid Coast, Wollondilly, Kempsey, Richmond Valley, Nambucca
- South Australia: Kangaroo Island
The grant can help with expenses such as salaries, wages, utilities, fuel and financial advice.
To apply, call the bushfire recovery hotline in your state.
- New South Wales call 13 77 88
- Victoria call 1800 560 760
- South Australia call 1800 302 787
More information is available from the National Bushfire Recovery Agency website here.