MJA: Latest issue out now
9 Apr 2015
News stories in the 6 April edition of Medical Journal of Australia cover a range of issues from rebate freezes to gonorrhoea screening.
- The cost of freezing general practice;
- Screening tests for gonorrhoea;
- New and emerging treatments for Parkinson disease;
- A survey identifies key dementia research priorities;
- The imperative to prevent diabetes complications;
- Costs to Australian taxpayers of pharmaceutical monopolies and proposals to extend them in the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement;
- The odds, risks and appropriate diagnosis of gestational diabetes;
- Seeking earlier diagnosis of autism spectrum disorders; and
- Disclosing genetic information to at-risk relatives: national uniformity needed.