The MJA – Cardiovascular disease and much more
The 5 May 2014 issue of the Medical Journal of Australia covers a range of issues of interest to GPs. Editor-in-Chief, Stephen Leeder, discusses the progress that has been made in cardiovascular disease control and what is still to be done. Continuing this theme, there is an editorial on Australia’s role in improving global cardiovascular health.
Other issues of interest include:
- Dementia in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people provides an urgent imperative to close the gap;
- NPS MedicineWise provides a report on Senate Committee recommendations for antipsychotic use in people with dementia;
- Reassessing the benefits, harms and risk levels of statin therapy;
- How to get mental health reform back on track; and
- A case study describing how a rare disorder that causes violent movements during sleep is associated with the development of other neurological disorders, sometimes decades later.
Read the Medical Journal of Australia.