Medical Journal of Australia – responding to complexity
10 Apr 2014
Editorials in the latest issue of Medical Journal of Australia discuss advances in the recognition and treatment of chronic pain and options for improving pertussis control.
This week’s issue also contains:
- an examination of options for health reform under the coalition government;
- a strong warning about the dangers to consumers of using unlicensed black salve to self-treat cutaneous lesions;
- a study of the association between the introduction of tobacco plain packaging and an increase in Quitline calls;
- a study of the changes in sodium content of Australian fast-food products;
- a reminder of the need to monitor warfarin dosage on discontinuation of rifampicin therapy; and
- a guide to doctors’ powers and duties when treating patients who may lack decision-making capacity.