Indigenous health services – DHS education resources
The Department of Human Services has five new online guides, tailored for health professionals to better manage and improve health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients, which complement its eLearning programme, Indigenous Health Services.
The five education guides include:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health assessments and follow-up services
- Chronic Disease Management services to support Indigenous health
- Closing the Gap – PBS Co-payment Measure
- Mental health services – supporting Indigenous health
- Telehealth – supporting Indigenous health
The guides and eLearning programme are recommended for general practitioners and the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Controlled health sector, and are available on the Department of Human Services Indigenous health education page.
Other DHS online educational services to assist health professionals in understanding Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme can be found here.