GP pharmacists, a healthy prescription: Australian Medicine
In this week’s issue of Australian Medicine, Dr Brian Morton, Chair of the AMA Council of General Practice, discusses the AMA’s proposal to the Government for integrating pharmacists into general practice as part of the GP-led multidisciplinary team. A news article in Australian Medicine also explores this topic, describing how the proposal would improve prescribing and use of medicines, reduce unnecessary hospitalisations from adverse drug events, reduce fragmentation of patient care, and deliver better health outcomes for patients.
Other topics of interest to GPs in this week’s issue of Australian Medicine include:
- Providing high quality care doesn’t pay – a look at funding general practice into the future;
- A discussion of the AMA’s proposal to support more prevocational training in general practice for junior doctors – the Community Residency Program;
- A news report on the new PIP After Hours Incentives;
- The AMA’s development of a GP toolkit to help victims of family violence;
- The future of e-health; and
- A discussion of the future of medical services for aged care residents.