Farewell Freeze – Government starts to win back goodwill
10 May 2017
- reversing proposed cuts to bulk billing incentives for diagnostic imaging and pathology services;
- scrapping proposed changes to the Medicare Safety Net that would have penalised vulnerable patients;
- delaying the introduction of the Health Care Homes trial until October to allow fine-tuning of the details;
- moving to an opt-out approach for participation in the My Health Record; and
- recognising the importance of diagnostic imaging to clinical decision-making.
- the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) Review process;
- an improved system of after-hours care;
- uptake of the My Health Record;
- the Health Care Homes concept and trial;
- pathology sector arrangements, including approved collection centre (ACC) rents; and
- MBS compliance.