DVA provider news update
AMA members may be interested in recent updates from DVA provider news, including a webinar series from DVA on veteran aged care arrangements.
As part of their involvement in the Aged Care System Navigator Trial, DVA is developing training resources for the “navigators” (aged care system navigators are being trialed to help seniors and their families navigate government-funded aged care), as well as interested aged care and health providers, so they can provide information and support specific to the veteran community.
In partnership with the Council on the Ageing (COTA) and Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN), DVA will deliver a series of eight educational webinars about these veteran aged care arrangements.
The webinars are due to commence to late March. The full webinar schedule includes:
- Webinar 1: Introduction to DVA services – 25 March 2020
- Webinar 2: Coordinated Veterans’ Care Program – 25 March 2020 – deferred, new date tba
- Webinar 3: Veterans’ Home Care – 8 April 2020
- Webinar 4: Respite Care – 8 April 2020
- Webinar 5: Community Nursing – 22 April 2020
- Webinar 6: Rehabilitation Appliances Program – 22 April 2020
- Webinar 7: Moving into residential aged care – 13 May 2020
- Webinar 8: Managing care and services in residential aged care – 13 May 2020
More information is available here.
In light of recent cyber-attack on health providers’ records, and the subsequent hacking of patients’ personal accounts, DVA has reminded health providers of the obligation to protect veteran patients’ information as detailed in their respective contractual agreements and/or DVA Provider Notes, and to advise DVA immediately in the event of a security breach. More information is available here.