2014 AMA National Conference in Canberra
The 2014 AMA National Conference will be held at the National Convention Centre, Canberra, from 23-25 May inclusive. With the theme Global Practice: Australian Perspective, the Conference will feature prominent national and international speakers including the Minister for Health, The Hon Peter Dutton MP; Shadow Minister for Health, The Hon Catherine King MP; US Ambassador The Hon John Berry; World Medical Association President, Dr Margaret Mungherera; former Chair of the National Preventative Health Taskforce, Professor Rob Moodie; and Mike Daube, public health advocate and Professor of Health Policy at Curtin University.
Policy Sessions include:
- The Global Challenge on Non-Communicable Diseases
- Practising Globally: Regional Challenges
- Overseas Training Access for Junior Doctors
- Variation in Medical Practice: Are Australians Getting World Class Health Care
- Overseas Conflicts and Disasters: The Challenge of Caring for Those Who Serve