Proposed scope of the review of the Standards for Assessment and Accreditation of Primary Medical Programs
The AMA submission on the proposed scope of the review of the Standards for Assessment and Accreditation of Primary Medical Programs (the review) by the Australian Medical Council (AMC) proposes a new standard that would require applications for a new medical school to demonstrate a net public benefit, taking into account factors such as:
- Medical workforce projections;
- Existing availability of places;
- Impact on existing medical programs;
- Impact on existing teaching resources, taking into undergraduate, prevocational and specialist training; and
- Availability of prevocational and vocational training places.