American Express Australia Limited AMA Member Subscription Renewals 2017
- Renew your membership online
- State AMA contact details for renewing over the phone
- AMA American Express card application
Renew your AMA membership subscription on your AMA branded American Express Card to go into the draw to win one of three $1000 prizes credited back onto your card.
Competition closes on December 1 so renew now!
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, Australian Credit Licence No. 291313, of 12 Shelley Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000).
- The competition commences on Monday 16th October, 2017 at 08:30 AEST and concludes on Friday 1st December, 2017 at 23:59 AEDT (“Promotional Period”).
4. Entry is open to Australian Medical Association (AMA) members who:
a. Reside in Australia (excluding Western Australia);
b. 18 years of age or over; and
c. are the Primary Account Holder of an Eligible Card ("Eligible Entrant").
Account must be current and in good standing during the Promotional Period and at the time of the draws. Employees of American Express and associated agencies and companies and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
5. AMA American Express® Cards billed to an Australian address and issued by the Promoter, is are considered to be an 'Eligible Card’ for the purposes of this promotion.
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must use their Eligible Card to pay for their AMA membership subscription renewal payment by completing the renewal pack and returning it to AMA directly or completing the renewal process over the phone or online, during the Promotional Period.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- Three (3) Eligible Entrants will be drawn at random to win one (1) of three (3) prizes consisting of $1000 (one thousand dollars) credited onto the winner’s AMA American Express Card account. The draw will take place at The Australian Medical Association, Level 4, 42 Macquarie Street Barton ACT Australia 2600, on Friday 8th December, 2017 at 14:00 AEDT. There is a total of three (3) prizes to be won. There will only be one (1) prize awarded per winner (total of three winners). Total prize value is $3,000 (including GST).
- There will be 20 x Eligible Entrants drawn at the same time and place as the Prize Draw, to be held as “back-up winners” for the Prize draw (for each prize). Back-Up Winners will be recorded in the order drawn and used only in the instance that the relevant Prize Winner is ineligible, and therefore unable to receive a Prize. Prizes will be allocated to Back-Up winners in the order in which they were drawn. A Back-Up Winner will not receive a Prize, except pursuant to this clause.1
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including receipt for purchase requirement) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The winners will be notified within two (2) weeks of the draw. The winners will be notified of their prize in writing. Winners of prizes will have their details published in the Public Notices section of ‘The Australian’ newspaper on Thursday 11th January, 2018.
13. 13.The prize will be credited to the winner’s Eligible Card account within twenty-eight (28) days after the draw.
- Prizes cannot be transferred or redeemed for anything other than what has been outlined previously.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
- Subject to any direction given under relevant State legislation, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at The Australian Medical Association, Level 4, 42 Macquarie Street Barton ACT Australia 2600 on Tuesday 20th March, 2018 at 14:00 AEDT. The winners will be notified within 2 days of the draw. The winners will be notified of their prize in writing. Winners (if any) will have their details published in the Public Notices section of The Australian newspaper on Friday 6th April, 2018.
- The promoter’s decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter and associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
- Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
- Disclose entrants’ personal information to State and Territory lottery departments;
- Announce winners’ names as required under the relevant lottery legislation; and
- Use the winner’s personal information in any media for publicity purposes associated with the competition without any further payment or other compensation, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at time of accepting the prize.
All entries become the property of American Express. The winner agrees to American Express to use his/her particulars for the purposes of marketing, publicity, promotional or direct mailing.
Authorised under NSW Permit LTPS/17/18605