Ahpra launches new-look public register
This register has added functionality and Ahpra is interested in your feedback.
The aim of the enhancements is to make the register easier to use, especially for those in our communities who may have barriers of access.
Some of the changes include:
• increased prominence of the register on the Ahpra homepage so it’s easier to find;
• simplified language with pop-up information boxes;
• improved search functionality, including;
- predictive text
- phonetic capability
- refined search filters (including being able to search by the 15 most common community languages)
- search by location (so in addition to being able to ‘check’ your practitioner, you will also be able to ‘find/search for’ a registered practitioner in a particular area. For example, you may want to look for a physiotherapist in Carlton, who is a woman and speaks Greek).
This is the beginning of an ongoing program of work to improve the usefulness of the register. You can provide feedback to Ahpra via the website.