Important changes to your clinical information software
Changes are coming for the National Authentication Service for Health PKI Certificates and the Healthcare Identifiers Service.
The Australian Digital Health Agency is upgrading the National Authentication Service for Health (NASH) authentication system to strengthen security when accessing digital health services. These upgrades will provide enhanced security protection of healthcare information and ensure Australians can continue accessing digital health services safely and securely.
Organisations should upgrade their software to a NASH SHA-2 ready product by 13 March 2022 to continue to connect to the following digital health services:
- My Health Record
- Healthcare Identifiers (HI) Service
- Electronic Prescribing
- Secure Messaging.
The Agency has been working with software providers since 2018 to establish their software readiness for NASH SHA-2 certificates. Some software providers will be ready in September 2021. Others will need more time. Your software provider will communicate with you shortly about their software readiness for NASH SHA-2.
Next steps for clinicians and practice managers
- Ask your software provider when will they have a NASH SHA-2 ready software available.
- If necessary, upgrade your software to the SHA-2 ready version.
- If your NASH PKI Certificate comes up for renewal and you have not yet upgraded your software to a NASH SHA-2 ready version, then you must renew your NASH SHA-1 certificate to maintain access to digital health services.
- Upgrade to a NASH SHA-2 certificate when your software product is ready.
If you have any questions or need help installing your NASH SHA-2 certificate you can talk to your software provider or contact your Primary Healthcare Network who have been trained to help you through this process.
If you have questions about managing your NASH PKI certificates or locating lost or forgotten passwords, email eBusiness@servicesaustralia.gov.au
For more information, go to the ADHA website page National Authentication Services for Health (NASH)