Dr Omar Khorshid invites you to attend Natcon. Watch the video.
Over three evenings from Wednesday 28 July, and a half-day on Saturday 31 July, the AMA’s National Conference is open to all AMA members and non-member medical professionals in Australia. Internationally-based medical professionals interested in medico-political issues within Australia are also welcome to register.
The online conference will feature international and Australian speakers addressing the state of medical politics today, emerging issues for tomorrow, and the role of medical professionals in the local and global community. The AMA 2021 Online National Conference is committed to diversity, and its program content has been designed with diversity of presenters in mind.
The interactive conference program supports attendees to register for a single conference session or the entire program.
This online conference and select sessions have been accredited by ACRRM. Continuous professional development (CPD) hours/points can be claimed for attendance where relevant to your scope of practice.
Wednesday 28 July
- Do doctors still risk their lives to save the lives of their patients?
- Addressing the acute public hospital crisis
- Is private health dying, and could managed care finally kill it?
Thursday 29 July
- A new future of work for the next generation of doctors
- IMGs and FGAMS as central to Australia's health care system
- Ensuring diversity of future medical leadership
Friday 30 July
- Supporting doctors health through COVID and beyond – the international experience
- Global medical action on climate change
- Doctors who should have been lawyers, lawyers who should have been doctors, and really confused doctor lawyers
Saturday 31 July
- Conference Plenary
- National Conference Appointed Delegates
- Update on changes to CPD
- Rapid fire research presentations
Supported by the AMA group
The AMA 2021 Online National Conference is proud to be a sponsorship-free event.
AMA Medical Journal of Australia (MJA)
Doctors Health Service
AMA CPD Tracker
AMA Fees List
AMA local member services in your State or Territory