AMA Council of General Practice tackles key GP issues
The AMA Council of General Practice (CGP) met in Canberra last weekend to discuss a range of pertinent GP issues.
Comprehensive discussions were had on a range of issues including:
- the AMA’s submission to the MBS Review of after hours services;
- the need to better fund the proposed Quality PIP incentive;
- strategies for tackling obesity;
- the implementation of health care homes;
- finalising aged care priorities;
- minimum standards for communication between health services and GPs and other treating doctors; and
- proposed changes to GP referrals for MRI of knees.
Presentations from AGPAL and the Department of Veterans Affairs were also well received by the Council.