Are you a GP registrar who is interested in getting more involved with the AMA?
Expressions of interest (EOI) are being sought from interested AMA General Practice Registrar members to represent the AMACDT on the AMA Council of General Practice (AMACGP). The AMACGP meets 3 times a year in Canberra and develops new, and revises existing, policy which reflects the views of the AMA's general practice (GP) members including GP registrars. It works to ensure that GPs make tangible progress towards general practice being properly recognized, remunerated and integrated into the Australian healthcare system.
EOIs, including a short covering letter and a CV, should be emailed to Ms Sally Cross at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm EST on Wed 14 June 2017.
Interested representatives should be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- background and/or interest in the Council/Committee’s brief/subject matter;
- willingness and ability to contribute to professional discussion and debate;
- ability to present the views and interests of the AMACDT and doctors in training;
- preparedness to facilitate communication between the AMACDT and the Council/Committee (including liaison with the Chair/Deputy Chair AMACDT and reporting to AMACDT; and
- availability for meeting attendance and associated Council/Committee work.
The AMA Federal Secretariat will arrange any necessary travel and accommodation; if eligible a meeting allowance may be available to committee members.